Friday, February 4, 2011

An Introductory Post

Hi, blogosphere.

I suppose I should explain who I am, why I’m here, and what I’m doing since that seems like the polite and proper thing to do. Plus that way I can continue blogging with all of the introductions out of the way and never have to look back at it again, since quite frankly I’m awful at them, both online and in real life. So, without further adieu….

My name is Abby, I’m 16 years old, and I like to make things look good. Yeah, that’s a pretty vague ‘like’ right there, but it really is what I like to do. Turning something from unremarkable into eyecatching is wonderful and fantastically fun! (Especially so when it’s done in a way that saves money, and even more especially so when it’s a bit crafty/fussy/artsy at the same time.) I’ve enjoyed this for as long as I can remember, all the way back to when I was about six or seven and was embellishing socks and hats with jewels and glitter glue.

I’d like to think, or hope, or whatever you want to call it that I’ve graduated from drawing glittery flowers onto jean sun visors. Now I’ve branched out a bit into things like thrifting outfits from goodwill, revamping old jeans, and generally just finding ways to make ugly things look good. I’m always up for trying new things. (This translates directly into this: you should shoot me ideas of anything you want me to try, and I’ll see what I can do because new creative ideas make me happy.)

And,  so you can get an idea of who I am rather than just reading words on a screen, here are a couple pictures. The first is of me and my dog McDuffy; the second is of me and my entire family.



So this is the end, but not for long. I plan to do at least a post a week, depending on what my creativity level is at, so expect more soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © thrifty aesthetician
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com